princess genevieve

vendredi, août 08, 2008

Home Improvements, Part 1


As I mentioned yesterday, I've been doing some home improvements this summer. (Remember when I stepped in paint? Good times.) Anyway, I got this cabinet from West Elm this week. It's actually my Christmas present from my parents! Yeah. Christmas, 2007.

Anyway, getting it home was quite the ordeal. The store wanted to charge me $125 for delivery, so I said no way! I asked the guy if the box would fit in a taxi and he said yes, because it was a flat pack.

Oddly enough, the box didn't fit. Luckily, I had the nicest cab driver in the city, and not only did he not yell at me, he helped me figure out how to solve the problem. We ended up taking all the pieces out of the box and stacking them in the cab.

Then, after Allison helped me get all the pieces upstairs, I tried to put it together. It said it took two people to put it together. I had already sent Allison home, saying, "Oh, I don't need help! I've put together Ikea stuff before that said it took two people!" Um. Yeah. After about an hour of struggles and not getting past step two, I called Allison back and asked if she could help me.

She came back over last night. I bought her dinner in exchange for her labor, and voila! There's a new cabinet in the dining room. Yes, the outlet on the wall is crooked. Nothing I can do about that; it came that way. Also, why it's right in the middle of the wall like that, I have no idea. Please ignore the mess on the table. Cleaning comes later in the home improvement process...

Also? Wanna see what I got in the mail?

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2008 12:18 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Very nice!

 
At 8/09/2008 4:17 PM, Blogger trash said...

A very well put together and extremely smart cupboard there Missus.

Plus, I went and had a look what you got in the mail. I thought those heart shapes were very luvverly :)

 
At 8/11/2008 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks great! Glad you got it together :-)

 
At 8/18/2008 6:49 AM, Blogger Jay said...

It's a lovely, lovely cabinet.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home