princess genevieve

mardi, août 19, 2008

Olympics Obsession

True confessions: I have a slight Olympics obsession. Me, the girl who doesn't watch sports. I will watch nearly anything if it's on the Olympics. Although I must confess to being a bit sick of beach volleyball. It's on, what, everyday? When does that end?

Last night I watched a tearful Nastia Liuken accept her silver medal. She was trying her best to be a good sport but you could tell she just wasn't happy with winning silver. Honestly, who can blame her... I'm still not sure I understand how that tie-breaker was figured out.

I also watched trampoline last night! Is that actual gymnastics, or rhythmic gymnastics?

Question of the day: If you had to go into the Olympics today, as yourself, no time to train, what sport would you chose? Me, I think speedwalking, though there are strong arguments for badminton as well.

Libellés :

10 Comments:

At 8/19/2008 11:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

SO SICK of beach volleyball, why must they always be showing it in prime time? I was mega disappointed to find out that we got live coverage of it at 9pm last night as I had to wait around for the good stuff.

Hmm...no training and just showing up to the Olympics to compete, I would choose the 50 freestyle, though I would totally be the person dragging along behind in 8th. That is unless you need a doubles partner for Badminton? I have a wicked serve and a respectable backhand!

 
At 8/19/2008 1:57 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh my, what a question...Well I can swim okay, not that I could compete but I could finish the race at least!

Nastia did look unhappy with her silver.

I believe that trampoline gymnastics is it's own category.

 
At 8/19/2008 1:59 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ah, the good old "splash & dash." good call. and yes, we could definitely do doubles badminton!

 
At 8/19/2008 4:07 PM, Blogger trash said...

Just asked that question to the room in general and quick as a flash my sister replied 'Commentating.' Hahahahahahaha!

 
At 8/19/2008 4:08 PM, Blogger trash said...

Just asked that question to the room in general and quick as a flash my sister replied 'Commentating.' Hahahahahahaha!

 
At 8/19/2008 4:10 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hahaha. very clever, your sister!

 
At 8/19/2008 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Pole vaulting may have been my missed calling. It looks so fun! In reality, however, I'd have to say rowing or maybe speed laundry folding.
--Erin

 
At 8/19/2008 9:23 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

Haha i wish i could say pingpong since we finally won a medal after a drought of 48 years. But no i can't play table tennis for nuts, so i'd have to say .... 100m race? Relay is fine too if i get 3 friends haha I also don't mind Hockey if i had a team :) Enjoy the last few days of the Games!

 
At 8/20/2008 8:20 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

I'm going to have to say cycling, despite your not like to watch it!

 
At 8/20/2008 9:54 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

hmmm - perhaps shooting or archery. The whitewater kayaking looks like fun too - although that would require a bit of training first - if only to learn how to un-capsize a kayak!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home