princess genevieve

mercredi, août 20, 2008

Stop the Insanity!

I just heard on the radio that United is going to start charging for meals on TRANSATLANTIC flights out of Washington Dulles. What? That is, at minimum, a six hour flight if you are flying to London. (United does not fly to Shannon or Dublin, at least not from Dulles.)

Come on. At some point, I think it would be better just to raise the ticket prices and stop making people pay extra for every. little. thing. It makes something that's already not fun even more miserable. Bad enough you have to travel through Heathrow, then you have to pay for the horrible food to go along with it.

If I were flying EasyJet across the ocean, sure, I'd expect to pay for meals. But United? The one who keeps advertising during the Olympics, promoting their new international first and business classes? I guess if you're flying economy, they just don't care. If only I weren't loyal to StarAlliance... (remind me to complain later about how they are taking away all the perks of being a premium frequent flyer.)

Sigh. I guess next time I take a transatlantic flight in economy I'll pack my own dinner. It'll be just like taking the bus to New York!

Anyone know how fast the boat can get me to Europe?

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 8/21/2008 2:15 AM, Blogger trash said...

That REALLY sucks! Maybe the next step will be in flight fast food joints?

'Excuse the turbulence Madam, would you like fries with that?'

 
At 8/21/2008 4:24 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Gah, the travel world is getting suckier by the minute. This seems like the wrong move for them to be making, kind of nonsensical.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home