princess genevieve

jeudi, septembre 18, 2008

Concert Etiquette

Last night, I went to an Indigo Girls concert (Missy Higgins opened) in Baltimore with my friends Erika and Erin. It was a great show, and we had a lot of fun. But we noticed some odd behavior, and I think it might be time to re-visit Genevieve's Rules of Concert Attendance. (I may have added some new ones on here.)

1. No talking while music is playing, even if it is "just" the opening band. Sometimes, people actually LIKE the opening bands.

2. If it is a GA show, and you have not gotten there early enough to get a good spot, no wiggling your way up to the front.

3. Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not keep taking pictures with your flash right in my eyeball. (Plus, what is UP with all the picture taking? Take one or two. Do you need one of each song?)

4. No making out, especially if you end up backing in to other people because they have no place else to move. This should probably be a general rule for being out in public, as well.

5. If you are right in the middle of the floor, try to do your beer purchasing/trash tossing/bathroom using all at the same time. It's really annoying if you keep pushing in and out of the crowd.

That's all I've got. Anyone have anything to add?

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 5:26 PM, Blogger trash said...

Nope, don't think so, although I am right with you on the whole P.D.A. thing (public displays of affection)- EURGH!

Actually yes - if it is a sitting area in a concert and the band is v. cool and stuff and people get up and dance all around you - DON'T GET PISSY with the nice teenage girl in front of you. That is all I have to add ;-)

 
At 9/18/2008 5:32 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

you would think people would have outgrown the whole P.D.A. thing by, what, age 16? No such luck.

And agreed, if people are all dancing, and you just feel like sitting, don't get annoyed!

 
At 9/18/2008 8:28 PM, Blogger Mama said...

Dude - I must be waaaaay too old to go to concerts because I would have NO PATIENCE for the rule breakers.

More power to ya for keepin it young.

(how's that for sounding OLD?!)

 
At 9/22/2008 2:59 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I went to a Tori Amos concert and there were two people behind us who were overserved. They were screaming during the quiet songs and kept falling over on top of us. When I complained to the security guard, he grabbed my arm and shoved me. I then complained to House of Blues management after the show and the guy told me I should expect loud and rowdy behavior at a concert. At a Tori Amos concert?!!!! C'mon!

(I DID get the security guard fired, however)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home