princess genevieve

mercredi, septembre 17, 2008

One to avoid.

Last night I went to a screening of Nights in Rodanthe, the new movie based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. I don't read his books, but I liked the movie of The Notebook, so I thought, why not.

This movie was AWFUL. I mean, really, really bad. The parts that were supposed to be romantic had people rolling in the aisles with laughter. I decided it was one of the top three worst movies I've seen all year, and I said if someone threatened me with an extremely sadistic form of torture and made me chose one of the three to watch again, it wouldn't be this one for sure. (The other two? Sex Drive and 10,000 B.C., if that tells you anything about how bad this one is.)

Possibly the worst part, though, was that Nicholas Sparks was there, and he did a question and answer afterwards. I think he was trying to be funny, but he came across as super full of himself. For example, someone said, "How do you feel about being a man who writes romance novels?" and he said, "I don't write romance novels; I write Greek tragedies." And then compared himself to Hemmingway and Shakespeare.

We had to sneak out during his talk as I couldn't take it anymore!

What's the worst movie you've seen all year?

Libellés : ,

4 Comments:

At 9/17/2008 6:01 PM, Blogger trash said...

Am I going to jail if I say 'Mamma Mia'?

 
At 9/18/2008 12:15 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Hmm, I am racking my brain and having trouble thinking of any at the moment. I couldn't sit through the DVD of The Savages recently.

And trashalou, I thought Mamma Mia was pretty awful as well!

 
At 9/18/2008 1:35 PM, Blogger DDanielle said...

OK I may be unpopular if I say this but Knocked Up. I had my second son in January and my mom was visiting to help out. So being to cold to really do anything and reruns on TV my husband went out and rented some movies. We heard great things about it so he rented it and watched it with my mom.....It goes to far....way to far in some parts. But maybe if I saw it in different setting it wouldn't have been so bad, the ending is kind of sappy sweet.

 
At 9/18/2008 3:33 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

it's Ok, you guys don't have to like Mamma Mia. I did, but I also didn't think it was a cinematic masterpiece or anything!

and DDK, agreed. Knocked Up is not the kind of movie you want to watch with your parents!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home