princess genevieve

mercredi, septembre 24, 2008

They Broke My Arm!

Today I had lunch with my friends Erika and Colleen. Erika and I were walking back to our offices, and our path took us past the FBI building. As we were standing on the corner, waiting for a light to change, this woman came running past us, screaming, "THEY BROKE MY ARM!!!" And she was dragging a suitcase.

Her arm looked fine. We both thought she was talking to people who were walking behind us, but apparently, she was just talking. I don't know who the "they" is... I am guessing the FBI?

The woman then came up to us, and said, "They broke my arm!" Erika said, "Sorry." Then she said, "Please, can you call me a taxi?" I said, "We're on a busy street. One will come by that you can hail." (True.)

She then left us and went to ask another person to help her. Erika said, "Why do I feel like Gypsies are going to toss a baby at us?" The whole thing was surreal... I'm still not sure what was wrong with her, other than I think she was crazy.

If she really did have a broken arm, this story is going to make us sound very callous. I don't know, maybe we are too cynical. What would you have done?

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 9/24/2008 4:30 PM, Blogger trash said...

Now there is an ethical dilemma. If you see the gypsy women walking down the street toward you do you:
a) bundle your coat up so it looks like you already have a baby?
b) step into the road and hail a taxi?
c) square up and get ready for them to try something?

Answers on a postcard to Trash Towers.

 
At 9/24/2008 4:42 PM, Blogger Molly said...

That is totally random! I think that I would have just kept walking as well without doing anything other than pointing out that a taxi would be by for her to hail. The fun of living in a big city!

 
At 9/24/2008 9:55 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

i think i would have done exactly what you did minus telling her a taxi can be hailed! :P it sounds horrible of my but we have some random people saying random things to us sometimes (or maybe it's just me?) and unfortunately we have to ignore them... ok i have to stop before the moral police comes haha

 
At 9/24/2008 10:09 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

callous we may be... but I would have done the same thing.

 
At 9/27/2008 10:00 PM, Blogger Amie said...

It doesn't sound like there was much you could do.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home