princess genevieve

lundi, juillet 25, 2005

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

Mandy & I went to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory yesterday. I must say, I really enjoyed it, and I laughed out loud several times. I did agree with Ellen that Willy Wonka gave off a sort of Michael Jackson vibe, and he was slightly creepy, but overall, I liked Johnny Depp in the roll. Unlike Ellen, though, I really dug the Oompa Loompas and their songs. I thought they were some of the funniest bits of the movie. The kid who played Charlie was great. And, there were no weird songs like "Cheer Up Charlie." My sisters & I used to fast forward through that song in the old movie.

My other issue had nothing to do with the actual movie, but rather, the inappropriate behavior of another movie-goer. There was a family there, with a kid who was about 3, I'd guess. She kept talking all throughout the movie! And her parents just laughed at what she said, instead of reminding her she needed to keep quiet. What's up with that?

4 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 12:00 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I liked the Oompa Loompas too. I thought they were cute. But the ending really dragged for me. I guess there are parts I like better about the original and parts I like better about the new one.

 
At 7/25/2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hum, I liked the ending, but I can see why it might have dragged for you. I liked the ending better than in the old movie, where Charlie & Grandpa Joe got in trouble.

 
At 7/25/2005 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I will occasionally make quiet comments to my viewing partner(s) when watching a movie, but it drives me crazy when people talk through the movie. I would have given the parents dirty looks and then complained if they didn't do anything.

 
At 7/26/2005 10:02 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I tried the whole dirty look thing, but I don't think they saw me... I was a little far up from them. I should've complained, you're right.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home