princess genevieve

jeudi, juillet 21, 2005

How old do I look?

Last night, when I left Safeway and was on my way home, there were 2 people standing outside the Safeway doors with clipboards and pamphlets. A woman, who was clearly older than me, walked out right in front of me, and then the man of the clipboard couple started asking her questions. He either said he was running for City Council or he's already on the City Council (it was hard to hear; he wasn't talking to me!) and then the two of them proceeded to basically chase the woman down the street, asking her questions and talking to her.

I have no idea whether she wanted to talk to them or not. All I know is, they didn't try to talk to me! And I can't figure out why. Do I look too young to vote? The voting age is 18 -- I think I must look older than 18. Do I look like I don't care about politics? That's a strange assumption to make based on someone's appearance, especially in Washington.

Also? When canvassing, you can hit twice as many people if you don't both talk to the same people at the same time.

4 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

i think that they're just bad at canvassing.

--martha

 
At 7/22/2005 10:46 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, I think that's definitely true!

 
At 7/22/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Sounds like they skipped the "intro to canvassing" lesson. Though some people are just a really BAD judge of age. I got into a discussion about how old I was with a new friend recently and they totally guesses in all sincerity that I was 19. Sure I don't think I look old but I DO think that I look like I am in my mid 20's at least!

 
At 7/22/2005 3:38 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

me too! I don't think I look 30, but I do look older than 18 for sure!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home