princess genevieve

lundi, juillet 18, 2005

HarryPotterHarryPotterHarryPotter

After my flight was delayed on Friday night, and I realized I wouldn't make my connection in Atlanta, I went home. I had rescheduled my flight for Saturday morning. I got back to the airport around 5:30 Saturday morning, and was happy to discover that the only stores open that early were Cinnabon and Borders, and I was able to purchase the new Harry Potter.

I immediately started reading. I noticed that about every other person in the airport was reading Harry. People kept interrupting me, asking, "is that the new Harry Potter?" YES. I'm reading! I finished the book last night on my flight home. I think that so far, this one is my favorite of the series. The ending was shocking, but I'm thinking there's more to it than what's on the page. I have some theories, but I am keeping them to myself for the time being.

But how was the wedding, you ask? Pretty fun. In a cave. It was nice to see some college friends who I haven't seen for a while, and I also got to spend a little time with my aunt, uncle, and 3 of my cousins. And I brought home some burritos, which are now safely in my freezer, for consumption at a later date.

6 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Genevieve,

We must discuss HP VI. You're the only other person I know who has finished it.

To me it is clear that Voldy wanted Draco to fall as a punishment for the sins of his father. Do you think he intended that Snape would reveal himself in the end? I'm not sure....

 
At 7/19/2005 9:41 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I don't think that Snape was a traitor. I will email you my theory.

 
At 7/19/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Molly said...

WHAT? You liked the new Harry Potter? It was one of your favorites? I thought it was a terrible bore...and it just made me want to read the final chapter...I was not excited by the Horcrux idea and I agree that I think the Snape situation has more to it than meets the eye...

 
At 7/19/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, I don't know why, but I really liked this one. I was not so happy with Order of the Phoenix, so maybe that's why.

 
At 7/19/2005 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I just picked it up at Target yesterday (it was on sale, so I couldn't resist) and started it last night. So far, so good, but nothing exciting has really happened yet as I haven't gotten very far. They're in Diagon Alley buying stuff for school and they've just started following Draco to the seedy side of town.

 
At 7/19/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I did think the beginning was a little slow. Especially the first 2 chapters.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home