princess genevieve

vendredi, septembre 09, 2005

I Heart Seth

My friend Matt requested The OC commentary, so here goes.

The first episode of the new season was good. Awesome Julie Cooper's back, yay! The episode overall was a little soap opera-y (Trey's in a coma?) but still enjoyable.

I loved the part when the 4 kids went to the beach and were playing like actual kids would. Kiersten's got herself a stalker in Charlotte, methinks. Kind of like Kelly Taylor's little friend from 90210, no? Seth and Summer were cute and not fighting, just the way I like them. Seth's overconfidence in Sandy's legal abilities is also cute. Ryan's in jail? Don't worry, Dad will get him out!

In the end, when Trey gets on the Greyhound, I was wondering, did they just allow him to walk away? Wouldn't he be in trouble for perjury? I mean, he lied in a deposition about who shot him. You'd think they'd also want to go after Julie Cooper, and that should keep Trey around as a witness, too.

Mischa Barton seems to have taken an acting class over the summer or something. She wasn't as bad as I remembered.

The scenes for the upcoming season looked good, too. Jimmy Cooper's got a plan. I think it's going to go like this: Woo Julie. Marry Julie before Caleb's will is read. Take Caleb's money. Leave Julie. Ryan & Marissa kicked out of Harbor? Will they go to OC High? Will Brandon Walsh be there too? (yeah, yeah, I know, that was West Beverly, but close enough.)

I also watched Reunion after the OC. Not bad. I'll watch next week, at least.

I'm off this weekend to my sister's in South Carolina. Catch you later!

5 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I know, I was totally shocked that Marissa was not as terrible as I remember and I like the longer hair.

My favorite part of the episode was definitely when Ryan was in the poolhouse and Seth and Summer were trying to figure out what to do and couldn't think of a present, etc. Quite entertaining. I love Seth's witty comments!

I too watched Reunion and will watch next week. It could suck me in...

 
At 9/09/2005 10:26 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, yeah, I liked Marissa's longer hair too, and Ryan's shorter hair. You can see his eyes now!

The poolhouse was a good part, too.

 
At 9/09/2005 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Kudos on the commentary! I think you're right about Jeri Ryan - maybe she'll rent an old BMW convertible with Kirstin and duct tape a hose from the tailpipe back into the window for a suicide pact. Does this show I know way too much about 90210? I used to heart Ryan, until he spoke like Kermit the Frog in the scene on the beach. That was weird. Have fun in Tigertown!
Kate (WOM - Wife of Matt)

 
At 9/11/2005 6:42 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, the frog part was when he was making fun of SUmmer, right? that was weird.

 
At 9/12/2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I wondered if the frog part was in the script or if he did it to be funny while they were taping and they left it in there, totally felt like an awkward moment!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home