princess genevieve

mercredi, août 31, 2005

Calling Memphis

My dad called this morning and asked me to try & track down one of my aunts, who is in Memphis. He couldn't get through on her cell phone because it's a New Orleans number, and those are all jammed up and not working. So I called my cousin's school, explained the situation, and asked them to get him a message to call me. About 5 minutes later, Rick called, very worried. Apparently his teacher told him there was a "family emergency" and he needed to call me right away. Well, yes, there's a family emergency, but it's nothing new since Monday. I felt terrible for scaring him and for getting him out of class, but at least he'll be able to relay a message to my aunt.

In other news, my dad has asked me to set up a family email network. If you're part of my family and reading this but didn't get an invitation to join the group, please email me.

2 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 12:53 PM, Blogger Molly said...

That has to be tough not being able to get through to your aunt because of overloaded circuits. I hate not knowing, but at least you were able to pass a message along!

 
At 9/01/2005 12:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, really, I think the communication is the hardest part. We finally figured out my mom's phone is OK for text messaging, but not for calls.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home