princess genevieve

mercredi, août 24, 2005

Sudoku

Why am I always the last to learn of the latest craze? Molly recommended this puzzle last week, but when I tried to go to the website she recommended to print a copy out, I couldn't, because it was blocked at work. Yesterday, I noticed that the Washington Post's free paper, the Express, was advertising they had Sudoku. So I picked one up, and tried it out on the way to work. Addicting. Completely and totally.

This morning, I worked on another puzzle. I didn't finish it, but I also almost missed my stop! Do they make books of this puzzle, like crossword puzzle books? It would be good for plane trips.

6 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Molly said...

They are definitely addicting! I have heard rumors that if you look high and low you may be able to secure yourself a book of them, or probably amazon.com would be easier!

 
At 8/24/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

MUST_HAVE_BOOK!!!

 
At 8/24/2005 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I've actually never tried the puzzles, but I did notice that the Post started it several months ago. I also heard on the radio when the Post started the puzzles that there are indeed books of them. Go crazy! Maybe I should give the puzzles a go myself...

 
At 8/24/2005 3:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

you should try them! They are fun!

 
At 8/25/2005 1:46 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

Our local daily The Age started running Sudoku a couple of months ago - syndicated from London's Daily Telegraph but they are not freely available online. Another London paper, The Guardian, has their Sudoku puzzles online for free here (complete with degree of difficulty indicators).
As for the books, amazon.com has a huge collection. Or else, take a stroll to your nearest Borders or Barnes & Noble and you're bound to find one there.
(I'm a librarian, I can't help myself - must direct people how to find books!)
To be honest, I've never tried the puzzles myself - they're on the same page as the cryptic crossword which wins my attention every time, but I have seen other people on the train working on them and it does look like they become addictive. Must try one some day soon.

 
At 8/25/2005 9:41 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks Paisley! I need to go to the bookstore anyway, to get a Quebec guidebook, so I'll take a look while I'm there.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home