princess genevieve

jeudi, août 18, 2005

Cable Woes, Take 2

So, the cable guy came on Tuesday, and installed the DVR and digital cable. For some reason, it took about 45 minutes. He kept forgetting things in the truck and having to go back outside, and then not re-appear for 10 minutes or so. Maybe he needed a smoke break? I have no idea.

It was all installed, and I was enjoying playing around with the DVR, which is quite possibly the coolest technology related toy I've got. All seemed to be going well, and I was beginning to get over my annoyance with the cable company's stupid rules, until this morning. When my digital cable channels went missing.

I called the cable company, and she said, "oh, we turned that off because you didn't order it." Um. Yes. I did. Allegedly, she turned it back on, but I guess I'll find out tonight when I get home, since I had to go to work and couldn't stay to baby-sit the cable box.

Grrr. Starpower! My new nemesis!

4 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 2:41 PM, Blogger Molly said...

You couldn't stay home to baby-sit the cable box? Where are your priorities?

Hopefully it will be restored when you return home this evening.

 
At 8/18/2005 3:00 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

seriously, what was I thinking?

 
At 8/18/2005 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Gosh that makes me so angry for you! Typical horrible cable company service. As you know, Comcast is my nemesis. We need to plot against the cable companies! Hopefully the digital channels are back?

 
At 8/19/2005 9:50 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, the channels were back! hopefully no more problems...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home