princess genevieve

vendredi, août 12, 2005

Ridiculousness

Yesterday I called my cable company to add digital cable and DVR service. OK, that's done, no problems there. Then I told her I also wanted to add TV5, which is the French language channel. I knew there was a premium for this channel; I am totally willing to pay an extra $10/month for this service.

Imagine my surprise when she told me this channel is only available through a "Power Package." I asked what that means, fully expecting her to say something like I have to also buy HBO or something. That's not it. You have to either subscribe to their internet service or their phone service to get this channel. What?!? Why is my TV subscription dependent on other services that have nothing to do with TV? That is ridiculous.

My mom thinks I need to switch companies, and while I agree, it's also a big pain to switch everything, so I'm not sure that I'm actually going to do that.

6 Comments:

At 8/12/2005 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

That makes me so angry. Cable companies are all ripoffs. I had the WORSE time getting my cable hooked up in my new apartment. This definitely not the forum for me to rail against a certain company (Comcast!), but let's just say it involved a lot of incompetence on the company's part and a lot of my time wasted. If you don't have Comcast now, don't switch to them. They're awful. If anyone out there has a good cable company, please let me know!

 
At 8/12/2005 3:13 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, the company I could switch to is Comcast. My dad has Comcast Montgomery (like you, I think) and he has had complaints about them, too.

 
At 8/16/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Do cable companies ever make any sense? That is ridiculous that you need the phone or internet to get that channel...if you want to pay why can't they just let you have it?

 
At 8/16/2005 11:33 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

It is completely insane. The cable guy is coming tonight. Let's hope that part at least goes smoothly.

 
At 8/16/2005 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Best of luck tonight...I'm sure you'll need it. Here's hoping the dude actually brings the dvr box and doesn't need any tools...and if he does, let's hope he brings them!

 
At 8/16/2005 1:09 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home