princess genevieve

mercredi, août 10, 2005

This Week in Movies

I attended two movie screenings this week, one for Grizzly Man and one for November. I'm still not sure if I even liked either of the movies.

Grizzly Man is a documentary that tells the story of Timothy Treadwell, a guy who had lived with bears for 13 summers in Alaska until a bear killed him and ate him. It was really hard to feel much sympathy for him. I mean, I was sorry he died a horrible death in that detached way you're sorry for anyone who dies a horrible death, but for him personally, I did not have much sympathy. I thought the guy was flat out crazy. It wasn't that I thought he should've been eaten by a bear, more that it wasn't surprising that he was.

November is a mystery starring Courteney Cox. I was interested in the story and in figuring out the mystery. The problem was, I couldn't figure it out. I still have no idea what happened. Alison was with me and she can't figure it out either. At least it was only 75 minutes long.

6 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 7:20 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I want to see that NOVEMBER film. I hear it's interesting. I really want to see BROKEN FLOWERS but it is only playing at the expensive theater in town. And I can't wait to see BROTHERS GRIMM.

 
At 8/11/2005 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

We tried to go see Broken Flowers this last weekend, but it was sold out. I've heard good things. Has anyone seen March of the Penguins? I really want to see it, but it's probably just because there are animals in it.

 
At 8/11/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amy, November was interesting, but it still didn't do much for me. If you figure out what happened, let me know!

Jayne, I have not seen March of the Penguins, but Alison did, and she loved it. I have heard its great.

 
At 8/11/2005 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I saw March of the Penguins and really enjoyed it.

You have to know going into it that it's not a "movie movie" so much as it is a really long National Geographic special.

But I do loves me some penguins!

 
At 8/16/2005 9:45 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Ooh I have really been wanting to see November...

I saw Hustle and Flow while in San Antonio...it was decent.

 
At 8/16/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, I missed the screening for Hustle & Flow... I guess I'll wait to netflix it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home