princess genevieve

jeudi, août 04, 2005

Yuck


We have a new management company for my apartment building. Well, I guess they're not actually that new anymore. They've been here for about a year. Despite the issues I had with the old company, the new one is worse.

My bathtub wasn't draining. I had to call for 5 weeks in a row before anyone came to fix it. I had water damage on my bedroom ceiling. The ceiling actually had to start leaking before they'd come check it. And now it' s been plastered, but not painted.

What I really dislike, though, is how they're (not) taking care of the courtyard. See that picture? Those are giant mushrooms. This is not the first time this summer I've seen giant mushrooms in the courtyard. They don't seem to do anything about them, and it makes me nervous for the little kids who play in the yard. The grass is too long.

All they seem to care about is renting out new apartments. There are really ugly, tacky signs in the courtyard now, pointing out the way to the rental office. However, I must say, if I were a prospective tenant, giant mushrooms and unkempt grass wouldn't exactly sell me on a place.

4 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 10:55 AM, Blogger Molly said...

That's no fun living in an apartment building where the management tends to be total slackers. That is the whole point of living in an apartment building, some one else to take care of the problems while you go about your daily life!

Thanks again for the San Antonio suggestions, I am quite excited to arrive tomorrow!

 
At 8/05/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, totally! it's very frustrating to have to constantly call about stuff.

I hope you have a great time in SATX! I'm excited to hear all about it. yum, mexican food...

 
At 8/05/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

KNock on wood, but I'm loving our management company!

 
At 8/05/2005 1:04 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Bridget, I'm jealous, jealous, jealous.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home