princess genevieve

vendredi, août 19, 2005

True Confessions

I have a problem. I really, really love coats and jackets. See that picture? That's my coat closet. Notice how it has a wooden dowel instead of an actual regular closet rod. That's because I broke the regular closet rod. Who does that?

I bought a new wool coat this week (hey, it was on sale, $50!) brining my grand total of winter wool coats to 5. 6, if you count my high school letter jacket, but I don't, since it's only hanging around for sentimental reasons, and not actual wearing reasons. In case you're wondering, the letter is from THEATRE. yes. As I've mentioned before, I am a dork.

The new coat arrived by UPS yesterday. I love it. It's August, really hot, and I had on a wool coat, buttoned all the way up, because I had to examine how it fits from every angle. (the new coat is the sky blue sleeve to the far left in the picture.) The sleeves need to be shortened, but that's standard for me.

Now I need to make hatmione and the matching mittens in a lovely light blue to match this coat.

10 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 11:28 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I'm right there with you on the coat fetish. I own 5 winter coats (a grey wool pea coat, a short green wool caot, a brown corduroy jacket as well as two black leather jackets) and a plethora of fall/spring weight jackets. I have a hard time resisting a good coat myself!

 
At 8/19/2005 11:31 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

coats... yay... I'm still mad at myself for the time I was in Toronto at the world's largest used coat sales area (it was a street filled with thrift stores, and since we were in Canada, lots of coats) and I didn't seriously look to buy. Canada! Coats! I'm sure I could've found something totally fabulous.

 
At 8/19/2005 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Yes, yes, I have a coat/jacket problem too. I'm embarrassed to admit to how many coats and jackets I own. Of course, my excuse was that I lived in Michigan and then worked outside after graduation. Let's just say the number is at least twice as many as you have...and yes, that's the just winter coats and jackets!

 
At 8/19/2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, I only counted the wool coats, not the leather and other various jackets. it would be more if I had counted them all.

 
At 8/19/2005 4:02 PM, Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

I am DREADING winter coat shopping this year. When did they stop making nice ones for less than $400 anyway?

 
At 8/19/2005 4:09 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, that can be a problem, unless you buy your coat in August :-)

Also, you can find some great coats for cheap in thrift stores. Coats don't get as much wear as other clothes, so usually they're still in good shape.

 
At 8/20/2005 4:54 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I love coats and jackets too. I think it comes from living in a colder climate. You wear a coat so much that you don't always want to be covered up with the same thing every day. It makes you feel more fashionable to have a selection. Many coats for many moods!

 
At 8/20/2005 7:25 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that is very true! I certainly don't want to wear the same coat everyday.

but I think you have more rights to that claim than me -- Denver seems much colder than Washington.

 
At 8/21/2005 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

My brother, in Wisconsin, identifies his coats by "level." A level one coak is a step above a windbreaker. A level two coat is a basic winter coat. A level three coat is for those days when the mercury never gets above 0. Throw in a dress coat, and an old coat for playing in the snow. That's 5 right there, and he's pretty low-key about the fashion, so I'm sure you can think of more catergories or levels to fit each of your coats.

So, as long as your coats all serve different purposes, then you don't have a problem at all. :)

 
At 8/22/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Katie! That is a fantastic idea. I am going to have to categorize my coats now.

Do you think different colors count as a category? ie, one spring coat in khaki, one spring coat in pink. Different categories, right?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home