princess genevieve

lundi, août 29, 2005

Hurricanes

I'm guessing that there are some of you who may read this blog who don't know that I was born in New Orleans, and that that is where the majority of my family still lives. My family has all evacuated the city, which is good.

I'm really worried about all the people who couldn't evacuate the city. And I'm worried about all the people in the Superdome. And I'm worried about my parents' house, and especially my grandparents' house, which is very very close to the lake, and close to the levee that was damaged, and close to the hospital that is flooding.

I've been watching and listening to the live coverage from WDSU, a New Orleans station. I'm not sure if it's good or bad that I'm listening to it, but I can't stop. I'm distracted today, and I'm worried, and there's nothing I can do about it.

8 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 1:54 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

My cousin lives there now. It's so crazy. I'm glad to know that your family is okay.

 
At 8/29/2005 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

As long as your family is safe, the rest of it is material. I really hope all of your family houses will be okay and I know there's a lot of sentimental items everyone is worried about, but your family was smart and got out and the most important thing is that they are out of danger. We're all sending good thought their way...

 
At 8/29/2005 2:24 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amy, I hope your cousin is OK!

Thanks, Jayne. Of course, the most important thing is that the people are safe.

 
At 8/29/2005 3:37 PM, Blogger Molly said...

OH NO! Hope that your family and their houses are okay...sounds like things are totally crazy in New Orleans...

 
At 8/29/2005 3:57 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Molly!

 
At 8/30/2005 12:15 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

mad mad weather there. We've seen shots of it on the tv here. Hope that all goes well for your family.

 
At 8/30/2005 3:17 AM, Blogger Katia said...

I'm glad to hear that your family is safe and sound, and hope that their house and possessions are ok.

 
At 8/30/2005 10:10 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks, guys. I'm not sure what's going on right now, but hopefully we'll know in the next 48 hours or so.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home