princess genevieve

mardi, août 30, 2005

Distracted

As I watch and listen to WDSU today, I'm becoming increasingly more distracted. I put a ticket on hold to fly down in 2 weeks, even though my mom didn't seem to want me to do that. I've got 3 days to decide. We still don't know when they'll be able to get back into the city. My sister, who lives in Florida, wanted to drive in, too, but at least right now, she won't be able to get there without going way far north.

For now, my family is safe and sound, and they're all in places that have electricity and they should be relatively comfortable until they can go home again.

I'm leaving on Saturday for a mini-break in Montreal with Rebeccah. She asked me if I wanted to reschedule and go another time, but honestly, there's nothing I can do right now, so we're still going. I think I can help a lot more once we can actually get in to the city and start cleaning up.

7 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 3:48 AM, Blogger Katia said...

I think it's good to get away and change your environment. There really isn't anything you can do to help right now. They will appreciate it all the more when you are able come out and help with the cleanup.

 
At 8/31/2005 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It's hard to feel like you can't do anything to help right now, but your mom's right. It's better to just wait it out and see when everyone can get back into the the city and then go to help cleanup. Same for Amanda, particularly if she's going to drive. Gotta wait until all of the roads are good and clear.

 
At 8/31/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Molly said...

It must be the most frustrating part, not knowing when you can go back and just plain not knowing what you have left.

Glad that your family is all safe!

 
At 8/31/2005 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh dear. I'm glad to hear your family is okay, but it must be terrible not knowing more about how their neighborhoods held up. Enjoy your trip, I hope it's a good break for you.

 
At 8/31/2005 11:11 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, guys. I know everyone is right that there's nothing I can do right now, but it's really hard to fully understand that. I want to go, see what it's done, and start to clean up. I know logically I can't. I can't get there. I can't get in to the city. But I am finding patience very hard right now.

 
At 9/02/2005 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Let me know if I can do anything for your family.

Bummer you're in Montreal - I'm in MD/DC until Sunday/Monday. Next time!

 
At 9/02/2005 5:47 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Martha.

course you're here and I'm away :-)

I won't be back until Tuesday, so i guess I'll miss you this time. Although it's looking like we'll be in Washington for Thanksgiving & Christmas this year, so maybe then.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home