princess genevieve

jeudi, septembre 01, 2005

A New Bathroom


OK, not really a new bathroom. But I painted! And made curtains! I painted a while ago, but I finally finished the curtains this week. I've been watching way too much hurricane coverage, and it makes me feel sick, so Monday night, I turned off the tv and just finished the curtains. I still don't have a curtain rod, so the curtain is just tacked up. I'll get to that at some point.

I want to paint the rest of the place, and put up more curtains and take down the ugly blinds.

I've also been thinking today about how I could re-arrange my house if a cousin or someone else needs to come live with me for a while. Chances of that are slim, really, since right now, it seems like everyone may be OK where they are, at least for a while, but I want to be prepared. I think I can move the futon from the living room into the dining room and turn the dining room into a bedroom, so that whoever is staying with me would have some kind of semblance of privacy, since the dining room has 2 doors and can be closed off from my bedroom, and there's a closet in the dining room. (I'd have to move the coat collection.) But like I say, this will probably not happen.

7 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

On the off chance that that should happen, you're welcome to store any extra stuff at my parents' place...or even here in my apartment. Have a great trip to Montreal!

 
At 9/01/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks Jayne. If it happens, I will definitely take you up on that offer.

 
At 9/02/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Love the color of paint for the bathroom and the curtain looks nice as well. Always fun to redecorate and make things new, isn't it?

That is awesome of you to think of ways to convert your bedroom into a haven for a family member, so thoughtful!

Have a fun weekend getaway.

 
At 9/02/2005 12:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Mollie!

 
At 9/02/2005 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It took me two years to finish a paint job I started in my parents' guest bathroom.

 
At 9/05/2005 3:45 AM, Blogger Vivi said...

Wow, that color is gorgeous! It looks really good.

I hope you had a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by my bloggy place. :)

 
At 9/07/2005 2:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Vivi!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home