princess genevieve

lundi, septembre 12, 2005

Midnight Train to Georgia

My sister Leslie had invited me and our other sister Amanda to her house for the weekend, because her boyfriend had given her 4 tickets to the Indigo Girls show in Atlanta. So we went to the show, along with Leslie's friend Beth. It was a great show! It was in a cool outdoor theatre in Atlanta called Chastain Park. The place was set up so you could bring tv trays to set up in front of your seat for your dinner. There was still plenty of room for people to walk past.

The Indigo Girls played mostly stuff I liked, and nothing that I absolutely hate, other than Emily's solo "Winthrop." The surprise was they played "Galileo" near the end of the show, but not the last song! The last song was "Midnight Train to Georgia," which I've never heard live before and it was great.

Thanks, Les, for a fun weekend!

7 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 9:28 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Sounds like fun! I like Atlanta. Too funny that your sister's name is Leslie as I have a sister named Leslie as well and have never met another Leslie before...

 
At 9/13/2005 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ahh...Atlanta. Very fond memories of Atlanta as it was the city that assured my survival in Alabama. It really is a fun city with lots to do, but, as with any city, has bad traffic. Glad you had fun! Chastain Park is a cool place.

 
At 9/13/2005 11:03 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, that is funny! Is your sister's name pronounced Leslie with an "s" sound like less or with a "z" like lesbian?

I've met other Leslies before, including some guys (but they are always called Les).

and Jayne, yeah, Chastain Park was super cool!

 
At 9/13/2005 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hi there!

I'm your Scarf ME! pal just stopping by to say "hi." I have some ideas for yarn for you, but haven't yet started the scarf yet. I probably will next week, so I may email you some questions from top secret super covert email address! Hope all is well!

 
At 9/13/2005 2:36 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hi pal! thanks! I'm looking forward to the project!

 
At 9/14/2005 2:21 PM, Blogger Molly said...

My sister name is pronounced with the Z sound, how about yours? (I guess she was named after some male relative whose first name was pronounced with the "s" sound)

 
At 9/14/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

My sister is with the S. She was also named after a male relative, though! funny.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home