princess genevieve

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005

Paul Reiser is Funny

Last night Mandy & I went to a screening of The Thing About My Folks, which was written by and stars Paul Reiser. Paul Reiser was also at our screening for a q & a after the show. The movie was great -- I really recommend it, even though Paul Reiser himself said he thought the tagline should be "This movie is only for people over 40." But, it's funny, it's touching, and I think everyone would find something in it they liked.

During the movie, there were some weird things that happened. A woman got up from her seat in the middle of the movie and walked over to our row, and climbed over me & Mandy to get to the seat next to Mandy. Then about 30 minutes later, she got up from there and moved somewhere else. The woman in front of me kept getting up to stand by the door, like a guard at Buckingham Palace. Although I could see better when she was standing, since I was sitting right next to the door, I felt a little hovered over. And by far the weirdest, a woman got up, and when she came back, she looked lost. She climbed over people in about 3 different rows, I thought looking for her friend, but I guess not, because a few minutes later, she came back with a flashlight, and got on all fours in the aisle and shined the light around, with her butt sticking up in the air. Good thing the movie was funny, because Mandy & I were cracking up. I don't think she ever found what she was looking for, though, since she never picked anything up.

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hmmm...I wonder if the woman that got the flashlight lost an earring or something. Or a contact lens! Of course, I'd never even consider putting a contact lens back in my eye after it'd been on the floor in a movie theatre...

 
At 9/15/2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, i don't know! it was super weird. and personally, if I had lost something, I'd probably wait until after the lights came back on to look.

 
At 9/15/2005 9:12 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Hmmm - very strange cinema behaviour down your way. Was the cinema really full? I mean, did people really have to clamber over you and your friend to get to the only spare seat there?

 
At 9/16/2005 9:33 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

it was actually nearly completely full, since it was a free preview screening. I think there were some open seats in the front row, or the one next to us (we were in the back row.) the weird thing about that climber-over woman was she had moved from a different seat. So she obviously wasn't seat-less.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home