princess genevieve

mardi, décembre 13, 2005

Just in case you were wondering...



I did decorate for Christmas! There's my tiny tree. I live in a 3rd floor walk up, so the idea of carrying a large live tree upstairs and then back down isn't a good one. And yeah, that's a giant Tiffany box under the tree, but alas, it's not for me. It's a gift for someone else.

In the creche, there are some marsupials. My friend Michael, who is Australian, sent me the toy marsupials and I thought they might enjoy paling around with the baby Jesus. I also put the dreidel right next to the creche. Jesus was a Jewish kid, right? So, on the off chance that toys come to life while I'm sleeping, I thought I'd give the baby something to play with. (I realize the dreidel is a lot bigger than any of the creatures in the creche! but if toys come to life, they'll figure out a way to play, I have no doubt.)

Oh, also? Does anyone know how to use the blogger insert photo function? I can't figure out how to place the photos neatly... I wanted one below the other, but I can't move them. Help?

10 Comments:

At 12/13/2005 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I think Jesus will enjoy the toys and company. :) I've got a similar nativity scene, those little handpainted figures. Only someone was a bit loopy when they packed mine, because when I opened it there were two Marys and no Joseph.

Reminded me of my favorite Sojourner Truth quote: "Where did your Lord come from? My Lord came from God and a woman. Man didn't have a thing to do with it."

 
At 12/13/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

If you want to move the photos around, you'll have to go into the edit HTML screen in the post editor and cut and paste the image elements to fit in wherever you want them - a basic knowledge of HTML tags helps.

 
At 12/14/2005 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Katie, I love the fact that you got 2 Marys. Maybe you got the lesbian version!

 
At 12/14/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Mrs. M, I know what you mean!!

Katie, that's hilarious. I wonder if someone had a personal agenda.

Paisley, thanks. I don't know anything about HTML tags but I will try to figure it out.

 
At 12/14/2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I'm dying to know whats in the Tiffany's box!!

Cute nativity scene :D I like the deidel touch.

 
At 12/14/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I can't tell you guys what's in the box, on the off chance that the person who it's for reads the blog!! I promise to take a picture of it after she opens it, though. (hint: it's NOT a giant diamond, sadly.)

 
At 12/14/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger Molly said...

That's what I am talking about...a pile of presents bigger than the tree! So, is your lucky friend just getting the Tiffany's box or is there a present in there?

 
At 12/14/2005 4:14 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yes, there's actually something in the box! and it actually came from Tiffany's! I promise, I'll take a picture when she opens it. It's for my aunt. and it's from me and my sisters, since I'm not a gazillionaire, sadly.

 
At 12/14/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think the Tiffany's box is everyone's favorite! I always give wedding presents from Tiffany's just because of the box.But I love your decorations. I'll have to post some pictures of mine.

 
At 12/14/2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, Amy, I'd love to see your decorations!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home