princess genevieve

jeudi, janvier 12, 2006

Baltimore

Last night, I went with my parents and my sister Leslie's boyfriend David to dinner in Baltimore. David was in Baltimore for a work conference, so we drove up and met him there. At first, my parents didn't want me to come. Or at least they didn't think to invite me along! They said it wasn't intentional, but I think they are secretly trying to cut me out of the family. (OK, I really don't think that!)

Anyway, I don't know what they would have done if they hadn't invited me, because as soon as my dad asked me along, he also asked me to find a place to eat. I'm not sure what they were planning to do without me -- wander the streets, hungry? I did a little online sleuthing, then asked a secretary in my office who lives in a Baltimore suburb, and came up with a place called Helen's Garden, which is in the Canton neighborhood. It was great! Wednesdays they have a lot of specials, so there are a lot of entrees for $12. I don't think I'd ever been to that neighborhood before, but I liked it. It reminds me of Philadelphia. Baltimore definitely feels like a Northern city.

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I've actually never gone out in Baltimore. It seems so far away (even though it really isn't). I'm glad you had a good time!

 
At 1/12/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

It's really not far! (closer to you than me, even.) the problems are you have to drive, so no drinking, or you have to take the train, which is kind of expensive if you can't catch the MARC train. I've been several times in the past year (mostly for music) and I've always had fun.

 
At 1/12/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

um, well, you have Mom or Leslie on the etiquette thing as well. but you'd need to find someone else to make your travel arrangements and plan outings. (no spell checker in the comment field.)

 
At 1/13/2006 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It's definitely not as far from DC...my problem is that I have to come all the way down 270, around the beltway, then back up 95, which makes it way farther than going to DC. Plus, I don't know anyone in Baltimore and yes, the driving situation is suboptimal. (Hi Mr. and Mrs. Moreland!)

 
At 1/13/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hum, I wonder if there's a better way to get there. There must be, really.

Maybe we should go to Baltimore one weekend day when you're not at the hospital and walk around.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home