princess genevieve

mercredi, janvier 04, 2006

2005 in a nutshell

From Amie's blog.

What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
Turned 30!

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
For sure no, I didn't keep them. I'll try again this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jill had Oliver in October.

Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa.

What countries did you visit?
Canada, France, Poland, Belgium, Ireland, and the UK.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A job that I like.

What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory and why?
August 29. The day Katrina hit New Orleans.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
hum. I don't feel like a big achiever this year. Maybe painting the bathroom and the dining room. It's not a super huge achievement, but it made me happy.

What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing a blanket I was knitting for someone. I took it apart last month.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really serious, but I did end up in the emergency room in Belgium with an allergic reaction.

What was the best thing you bought?
This is a toughie. Maybe my plane ticket to France this summer. It was way more than I wanted to spend, but a great trip.

Where did most of your money go?
See above re: ticket to France. Travel in general, I suppose. Oh, and those pesky student loans!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trip. And Christmas, this year.

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? More sad.
b. Thinner or fatter? Thinner (but not by much.)
c. Richer or poorer? about the same.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Career searching. Not just job searching but actually figuring out what to do next.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
eating less junk food!

How did you spend Christmas?
With my family in New Orleans.

Did you fall in love in 2005?
Nope.

What was your favorite TV show?
Gilmore Girls and Scrubs.

What was the best book you read?
I really liked the Kite Runner (thanks, Molly!)

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005?
Can't remember if I started on Ben Lee in 2005 or 2004. If he was 2005, then yeah, Ben Lee. If he was 2004, then Nightmare of You.

What did you want and get?
a region free dvd player and Denise knitting needles.

What did you want and not get?
to move.

What was your favorite film this year?
Me and You and Everyone We Know

What did you do on your birthday?
On my birthday? I think my dad took me to Rosa Mexicano.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a new job.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Does it match the green Jack Purcells?

What kept you sane?
I don't know that I am.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gael Garcia Bernal.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Like Amie, I'll stick to a local issue, because there are too many. A free D.C.

Who did you miss?
My family.

Who was the best new person you met?
The best? Hard question. I'll pick two, Nizar and Amelie, both of whom I met at Sophie's wedding in France. They're both fun!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
The scientists were right. One day, New Orleans was going to be flooded and we would be in big trouble.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
that's just what you are.

4 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I was making up for 2004, when I didn't go anywhere! Ireland and the UK were in January. Canada was a mini break in Sept. France, Belgium, & Poland were in July on summer vacation.

 
At 1/05/2006 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Maybe you should plan to visit South Africa this year...late December is the best time to visit...(something to think about)-Judi

 
At 1/05/2006 9:59 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I would love to visit South Africa!

 
At 1/06/2006 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Well, you have been officially invited to South Africa- Judi

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home