princess genevieve

samedi, décembre 31, 2005

Accident on Route 66

Yesterday, when we were driving home (me, my dad, and my mom) we got into a car accident. We are OK but I'm not sure about the guy who caused the accident.

What happened was we were driving east on 66, and the traffic was stopped. My dad stopped the car. The guy behind us was in a service truck and he had stopped. The girl behind him was in an Explorer, as were we, and she was stopped. The guy behind her, however, didn't stop. And slammed into her.

It seems like what happened was he tried to stop, too late, and was going too fast. His car flipped over, and I guess he wasn't wearing a seat belt, because my dad got out of the car to help and said the car was flipped over on the right side, and the man was hanging out of the passenger window, and the car was on top of his head. People nearby got him out of the car. The girl in the Explorer wasn't really hurt but she was very shaky. I brought her over to our car to sit. Her car was completely crushed. It's very lucky there was no one in the back seat, as the end of the car is now in the back. And the front of her car is completely smashed in.

The police came, the ambulance came. I had to be checked out because when we were hit, my head hit the headrest behind me and my head started to hurt. I'm alright. The girl in the Explorer was taken to the hospital. She said she was OK, but I felt like she should be checked out, so I'm glad they took her. A helicopter came and got the man, who was amazingly, still alive. My dad thought he was dead when he saw what happened.

So, if you were going eastbound on 66 near Gainesville, VA yesterday, around 3 - 4:30, and you were stopped, that was because of us! Sorry about that. I wish it never happened.

8 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 10:58 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks. twas definitely scary.

 
At 12/31/2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

yikes. Glad to know that you're okay, and I hope the others will be too.

 
At 12/31/2005 3:44 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Scary! I hope he recovers, and thankfully nobody else was injured.

 
At 12/31/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Glad to hear you're ok. Accidents can leave you with a horrible queasy feeling. Hope the rest of your New Years Eve was enjoyably uneventful. Happy New Year.

 
At 1/02/2006 5:29 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

That's awful. Car accidents are terrible even if you don't get hurt. I can remember being completely calm throughout the last accident I was in and then, hours later, starting to cry suddenly. Delayed trauma! Glad you are unharmed.

 
At 1/03/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Molly said...

YIKES! Glad to hear that you are okay...

 
At 1/03/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

 
At 2/29/2020 2:54 PM, Blogger sazzad islam sizu said...

I am very happy to see this post because it is very useful for me because there is so much information in it. I always like to read quality and I'm happy that I got this thing in your post. Thanks for sharing the best article post love from Car Accidents

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home