princess genevieve

mardi, décembre 20, 2005

Show & Tell

This is Christmas butter. I don't care how much you like Christmas, or how much you like butter, you should not buy butter in the shape of a Christmas tree. That is just plain weird. And kind of disgusting. Can you imagine, buttering toast with tree shaped butter? Safeway strikes again!
And this is me, on Friday night. Sorry the picture is dark -- camera phone apparently doesn't have a flash. I was out with Jayne, and she gave me my Christmas present, a raclette grill. YAY! A raclette grill! I have been wanting raclette ever since it got cold, but I had no grill and there are no restaurants here that serve it. Jayne thought it was funny that I was just carrying the box around, but the bag it was in shed glitter all over me, so I abandoned it. I cannot wait to eat raclette!

10 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I noticed the same butter in the grocery store yesterday! At first I thought it was ice cream and I thought "cool!", than I noticed it was butter and I thought "no thanks"

 
At 12/20/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I have to disagree with you. I think butter in interesting shapes is fun. Safeway even had butter shaped like turkeys for Thanksgiving.

 
At 12/20/2005 2:24 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, I think I agree with you. Tree shaped ice cream, fun. Butter, no thanks.

Amy, I guess we will just have to disagree! it just seems really hard to use. I don't mind molded small pats of butter, or butter with stamps on top. But this is just too much for me.

 
At 12/21/2005 10:18 AM, Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

WEIRD!! I saw the butter tree over the weekend. Actually, if I was having a big to do at my house, I would have gotten it. Come on, it's a quirky little conversation starter... (but yes, I imagine it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to use)

 
At 12/21/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Christmas butter takes over the country!

Are we going to see George Washington shaped butter for Presidents' Day? THAT I would buy.

 
At 12/21/2005 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Has anyone ever seen the life sized butter cow at the county fair? Now that's freaky!

 
At 12/21/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

No! How do they keep it from melting?

 
At 12/21/2005 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

They keep it in a refrigerated room...like a walk in freezer with windows so you can see it. Totally weird...

 
At 12/21/2005 2:37 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

totally.

 
At 12/21/2005 8:49 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

1. agreed on the butter.

2. oooh! raclette! i've been wanting to investigate this. i've heard you mention it and it was in a book that i read. then the other day, i saw a raclette grill at sur la table. do you have a recipe? and do you really need the specific grill to make it?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home