princess genevieve

mardi, janvier 03, 2006

Happy New Year!


Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve! I went to a Washington Caps game in the afternoon. This is the view from our seats. They were VERY high up! The amazing thing is, they were $50 seats. I got them for a big discount because my friend Katy works for the team. But really! $50 seats should not be on the 400 level of the stadium.

The game was very exciting, though, and our team won in a SUDDEN DEATH Shoot-out. It was all very dramatic.

Saturday night, my friends Robin & Byron had a dinner, which was lots of fun and quite delicious to boot. I spent the night over there, since I knew I wouldn't be able to get a cab on New Year's Eve. I was waiting for everyone to leave before I went to bed, but around 3 am, I was falling asleep in the chair I was sitting in, so I helped Robin with the dishes, then went to bed. In the morning, Robin told me that she had gone to bed at 4, and Richard & Caleb, 2 other guests, were still there. She fully expected to find them asleep on the living room floor, but they were gone. How they got home I have no idea.

Oh, if you want to see what I knit over Christmas (it's oh-so-exiciting!) click here.

5 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Hockey games are a lot of fun. Hockey is a sport i enjoy playing and going to in person but never watch on television. When I lived in St. Louis I used to requent Blues games...it is amazing how even far away seats are pretty expensive!

 
At 1/03/2006 3:25 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I agree, hockey on TV isn't that cool, except Olympic hockey, but in person it's great. And it is super expensive!!

 
At 1/04/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hum, yes, I agree, $27 is too much for the LAST row!! That should be like $10.

How do people afford season tickets to hockey?

 
At 1/04/2006 4:04 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Sounds like a fun New Years Eve! I LOVE the hats!! I *just* learned to knit, but i'm having problems with the purl stitch.

 
At 1/04/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks, Amie! Yeah, the purl stitch is a bit trickier, but just keep at it. It will be easier with practice.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home