princess genevieve

mardi, mai 09, 2006

Adventures on the Train, #42


Last night, I took the Metro to meet Mandy in Bethesda. We were going to have dinner and then go see American Dreamz. (I'll get to that part in a bit)

So, I get on the train, and take a seat. Next to me plops this woman who takes up more than her fair half of the seat, which I hate. So I'm crammed in by the window, and then all of a sudden, she takes out sheet music, plugs herself into an iPod, and she starts singing. Singing. Out loud. That picture is of the sheet music. It was church-y kind of music. Lots of "Amens."

See that girl with the brown hair in front of the sheet music? She kept turning around and glaring at Singing Woman. So did I. To no avail. At the next stop, a few people got up, so I moved seats. So did the brown haired girl. We were both now half a car away from Singing Woman, but we could still hear her. At one point, brown haired girl and I made eye contact, and we both let out huge sighs.

Singing! On the train! Totally inappropriate.

Anyway. Mandy and I had dinner, then walked over to the theatre where we were planning to see American Dreamz, only to discover it wasn't playing. "But!" says I. "I checked the internet this afternoon! 7:25!" Ticket seller sighs, points to a sign, and says, "We had a flood. Come back tomorrow." 4 of their screens were shut down due to the flood.

So, we ended up at the theatre around the corner seeing Akeelah and the Bee. Which was really cute and I recommend it, but Hugh Grant wasn't in it.

Oh! click here if you want to see what I did this weekend.

6 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think the best part is that you got a photo. That's so great!

 
At 5/09/2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I was stealth! I used the camera phone and pretended to make a call but really I took the photo!

 
At 5/09/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Amie said...

OMG! Some people...

 
At 5/09/2006 11:49 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

hmmm... strange folks you've got over there. Definitely inappropriate, but hopefully harmless - I guess it could have been worse.

 
At 5/10/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Oh my! A train ride with entertainment. I always wonder abotu people like that. Do they think no one minds, OR do they just not care OR does it not even cross their mind that singing on the train might bother the other passengers?

 
At 5/10/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Exactly, Amie.

Paisley, yes, strange. Harmless, I suppose, but really.

Molly, with this woman, I think it didn't occur to her that it might be bothering other people.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home