princess genevieve

mardi, mai 16, 2006

R.I.P.

My DVR died. It was 80% full. This is a great loss! It happened on Sunday. I called the cable company, and the woman tried to fix it remotely, but nothing could resuscitate the box. They sent a tech over this morning. He didn't even try to fix it, just pronounced it "fried" and gave me a new one.

The funny thing was, he arrived at my house at 9:05. He had to call the company to tell them he was giving me a new box, and they asked him if he had tried all these techniques to fix the old one. He said, "yes, but it's dead." (He tried nothing). Then they asked him what time he had arrived chez moi and he said, "8:30." Not true!

Well, now I have a 0% full DVR. It's like a fresh slate! (although, now I don't know what happened on the OC or Mile High or Lost... can anyone fill me in?)

Because I had to wait for the cable guy, I was about 45 minutes later than normal leaving the house. Guess who was walking up the street when I left? You got it, My Nemesis! I beat him to the bus stop, and when the bus arrived, I was first in line to get on. I was asking the driver where he was going (his sign was wrong) and My Nemesis pushed into me to get on first! And then, the bus was really crowded, and I had to stand right next to him, touching his ratty old Nike gym bag. You have no idea how horrible that was.

8 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 2:40 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I love your stories about your Nemesis! They make me laugh because I can totally visualize it. You get him, Vieve!!!

 
At 5/16/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Wonder what that dude's prob is anyway...

Sounds like a lazy cable guy.

 
At 5/16/2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

me too, Amie, me too.

 
At 5/16/2006 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

That guy is a FREAK! I can't believe he pushed past you!

 
At 5/17/2006 3:43 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

DVR? Digital Video Recorder?
I haven't gone high-tech with my telly yet. I got a DVD player a couple of years ago and that's as sophisticated as I get. No cable either (too expensive and too much crap!). Do you get much free-to-air TV in the states? Everyone seems to have cable there.
RE Nemesis - very strange and very rude.

 
At 5/17/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Nabb, I KNOW!!

Paisley, yes, DVR = digital video recorder. Like tivo, but run through the cable company here. We don't get much free tv here - one of my friends doesn't have cable and she only gets like 3 channels. Usually there are about 10 free channels (with networks, public broadcasting, home shopping, and the Christian channel) but if you don't have good reception you won't get them. Pretty much everyone here has at least basic cable.

 
At 5/17/2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I think it is officially time to come up with a plan to thwart your nemesis once and for all. He probably hung around outside waiting for you to leave just so that he could battle you to be first on the bus!

If you still need updates on some shows I watched Lost and OC...just drop me an email and I can give you the low down.

 
At 5/17/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I'm open to plan suggestions! Anyone??

I'll email you, Molly.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home