princess genevieve

vendredi, février 16, 2007

Week in Review

Sorry for the lack of postings this week. We had a big ice storm and I was hoping for a snow day. When I didn't get one, I was just so sad that I couldn't even think about blogging.

Just kidding. I don't know what happened. This week just sort of got away from me, yet nothing really blog-worthy occurred.

I realized, however, that I never told you guys about my trip to New York. It was great! I got in fairly late on Friday, which sort of sucked, but you can't do anything about delayed flights, I suppose. I went straight from the airport to my cousin Anne Yvette's house in Brooklyn. Lots of exciting changes there! They got a tv! And she got a new mattress! Since I share her bed with her when I visit, I was super excited about this one.

Saturday, AY and I met Molly and her friend Joanna for lunch. Then to see Company. Paisley, to answer your question, Company is a musical about a single guy with a bunch of married friends. The actors in this production also played the instruments, which I loved. It was funny and really well done.

After that, I went up to my friend Fatimah's house in Harlem, and then we took the bus to the Met to see this exhibit of Nan Kempner's clothing collection. (mostly couture.) Then we met up with AY and ate kosher Moroccan food for dinner, and then went to Cafe Lalo for dessert.

Sunday, AY and I went to brunch with her roommate Tabor, and then we went to a flea market in Brooklyn and looked at/bought books and records. Then I flew home.

I'm glad this weekend is a three day weekend, and that I don't have much planned! I think I need a bit of recovery time.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Wow! Sounds like you needed a snow day to recover from your weekend. Girl, you have got the CUL-CHAH going on! In my next life I hope to do 1/3 of the fun things that you do all of the time.

Btw, did you see Grey's?

ps: bummer about the tornado in NO - where is the fairness?

 
At 2/16/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I did need a snow day to recover!

I saw the first half of Grey's - what happened at the end? (I had to leave to go meet a friend, and my cable is messed up so I coudln't record it!)

I know. so sad.

 
At 2/16/2007 12:12 PM, Blogger Mama said...

Mer is dead;Denny and Dylan were there to greet her on the other side...

(hey, don't blame me - you asked what happened)

 
At 2/16/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

She's really dead? AWESOME. I had read they were going to kill off someone but I thought Mer falling in to the river was a ruse and someone else would die.

They really killed off the title character? WOW.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home