princess genevieve

vendredi, septembre 07, 2007

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The other night, I went to a screening of In the Valley of Elah. (Side note: it was really good, but seriously depressing.) Anyway. About halfway through the movie, I started hearing this weird noise. I finally decided it was someone snoring.

Snoring! In a movie! Really loudly!

I turned to Alison and whispered, "Is someone snoring?"

Alison nodded.

Hum. I puzzled. The guy was clearly no where near me, and the theatre was fairly large. I would not be able to figure out who it was. And, I mean, I've fallen asleep in movies before, but I've never snored in them!

The guy got progressively louder. Finally, someone yelled out "Could someone PLEASE wake that guy up?"

Everyone laughed. I could hear someone hitting and/or kicking the back of his chair.

The snoring continued.

Someone said, "Hey, buddy! Time to get up!" Which I guess worked, because we stopped hearing the snoring.

But he didn't get up and leave. Pretty amazing, considering he'd probably missed some key parts to the movie, and also, if I were him, I would have been really embarrassed.

Is this better or worse than other movie theatre offenses, like ringing phones, babies in R rated movies, and/or carrying on your own conversation during the film? Please discuss.

Libellés : , ,

7 Comments:

At 9/07/2007 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ha! I would have left, too!

Once, I was at a movie where a family brought their retarded teenaged daughter with them, and she shouted through the entire movie. I understand that they probably want her to have a normal life and I'm totally sympathetic to that, but it was incredibly distracting.

Of course, I might have been more upset if I hadn't been watching the craptastic "Bewitched." :)

 
At 9/07/2007 8:02 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I would of been so embarrassed! LOL a whole theater annoyed at you?

 
At 9/07/2007 10:42 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

HAHAHA i've met people with blaring ringtone in movie theaters, and this guy right next to me who just can't stop repeating the dialogue to his friend (cos he's already seen the movie) I even met this guy (also next to me unfortunately) who went 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew' at every 'horrific moment' in a korean horror movie. But i've never met a snoring guy in the theater before! lol!

I did however meet someone who snored during an introductory yoga class. during the relaxation section at the end of the class, this guy just started snoring. unfortunately no one knew who it was and my friend and I just kept stifling our laughter.

 
At 9/08/2007 5:16 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

hmmm... the snoring just sounds funny. Mobile phones are definitely more annoying. But yes, I wonder why he didn't just leave. He was obviously tired and not into the movie.

 
At 9/08/2007 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hmmm... snoring rates as less obnoxious as the others stuff. 1)it is unconscious, right, so unlike the cell phone, the baby or the talking, the guy doesn't really know it's happening. And 2) it's much less common, and so it makes for a good story. Screaming babies? The second the kid starts up people get annoyed. But snoring gives people something to laugh at before they get too upset.

 
At 9/08/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I would have to say that it's better because at least he wasn't intentionally rude. Maybe he was just super-tired. Embarrassing for him though!

 
At 9/09/2007 1:32 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I guess you guys are right that it's less rude than something done intentionally.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home