princess genevieve

lundi, mars 17, 2008

Flying Time

Yesterday I had the strangest flight back to Washington. There were two women, one seated in row 1, and one in row 3, who were traveling together. I was in row three, next to one of them. The one in row 1 first asked the girl next to her to change places with her friend, but she said no because her leg was broken and she wanted the extra space in the front row. Then she asked me to trade. I said no because I don't like the front row. You have to put all your bags in the overhead bin and I like keeping one under the seat in front of me.

The woman then explained to the flight attendant that she wanted to sit with her friend. He said the flight was overbooked, so he wouldn't be able to reseat them together. She then said, "well, can you make the girl sitting next to my friend trade seats with me?" That would be me. The flight attendant, luckily, looked at her as if she were crazy and said, "um. No."

And now, in a truly shocking turn of events, I have another movie poll for you guys! I leave on Thursday for Argentina. It's a very long flight, but I'm going to hope I can sleep. I'll watch one movie for sure, maybe two, depending on the whole sleeping thing. I took out the movies I've already seen (August Rush and Juno) and added a few of my netflix choices.

What movie should I watch on my flight to Argentina?
Dan in Real Life
Ira and Abby
Martian Child
Reservation Road
The Gift
Spy Kids 2
Veronica Mars: Season 1
Charmed: Season 7
Free polls from Pollhost.com


On this weekend's flights, I first watched part of Charmed: Season 7 (I am addicted to this show! I never watched it on tv but somehow on dvd I love it) and Into the Wild on yesterday's flight. Into the Wild was very good and moving but sad.

Libellés : , ,

6 Comments:

At 3/17/2008 1:51 PM, Blogger Mama said...

*make* you change seats? People never fail to astound me!

 
At 3/17/2008 4:54 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I know! Judging by the amount of carryon luggage they had (way past the limits) they seemed to be of the "rules don't apply to me" variety.

 
At 3/18/2008 12:19 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

i got the first row when i travelled solo with an infant addie last year. worst thing ever. a diaper bag in an overhead compartment too heavy for me to close with one hand (other hand had baby) sucked big time.

ps. my bro and i were BIG Charmed fans back when Shannon D. was still on it. it was our guilty pleasure TV.

 
At 3/18/2008 12:23 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I love these stories!

I voted for Dan in Real Life. I want to see that.

 
At 3/18/2008 5:49 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, Sarah, that sounds really unfun. And as for Charmed - I have so become addicted. I started watching in Belgium (on dvd) because Belgian tv sucks!

Amie, I have been wanting to see Dan in Real Life as well... I actually watched like the first 10 mintues on my last flight but then we landed so it ended.

 
At 3/20/2008 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I watched Dan in Real Life on my last UA flight back from London...I missed the first 10 minutes or so, but it was very cute. It's somewhat predictable, but still entertaining...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home