princess genevieve

mercredi, mars 12, 2008

Me and my Llama

I went to the dentist yesterday. The cleaning went fine. The dentist came in and examined my teeth, and then looked at me in all seriousness and said "I'm putting two of your teeth on watch."

Um. I have the feeling this is like when Stephen Colbert puts bears "on notice." Neither bears nor teeth realize they are being noticed or watched, at least in my (admittedly limited when it comes to bears at least) experience. I wanted to laugh but my gums were too sore, so I said, "OK, what does that mean?"

The dentist replied, "You should brush them more."

OK. If I knew what "tooth 30" meant, maybe I could do that. I suppose the remedy is to brush them all more?

I was also thinking, you know what would make the dentist more bearable? If you could find a way to read while they were cleaning your teeth. Then you wouldn't notice the horrible noises and the pain quite as much. And the copious amounts of blood. I couldn't figure out how to hold up a book without getting in the hygienist's way, though, so I didn't suggest it.

Libellés : ,

8 Comments:

At 3/12/2008 6:05 PM, Blogger trash said...

I went back to the dentist for the first time in a decade at eighteen, he filled me full of novocaine and then left the room. Next thing I see is Steve Martin doing the dentist's solo from Little Shop of Horrors beamed onto an high tv screen. How odd is that!

 
At 3/12/2008 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

That's so funny! I often have that "Me and My Llama" song in my head after the dentist. Apparently Sesame Street is burned into my consciousness.
--Erin

 
At 3/12/2008 8:44 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

trashy, that is totally odd but I would love it. It would be entertaining at least!

Erin, I'm glad my title wasn't too obscure :-) that song is always in my head after the dentist!

 
At 3/13/2008 2:30 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

the "me and my llama" thing has gone right over my head. :-)
Does your dentist put anything on the ceiling? We had a local dentist when I was a kid that had these cool posters on the ceiling with lots of detail on them that you could stare at while your mouth was full of fingers and probes.

 
At 3/13/2008 5:46 AM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

hahaha! I always hated going to the dentists' until a year ago I got this one who really makes me laugh. there was once during cleaning, bcos the water was spraying everywhere, he commented 'see, i just gave u a facial (treatment)' It cracked me up but I just couldn't laugh! :)

BTW you're tagged! Do visit to find out more! http://peesnkays.blogspot.com/2008/03/meme.html

 
At 3/13/2008 9:47 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Oh! Say it isn't true! Two of your teeth are "on watch"?!

The seriousness of his/her word choice is too funny - especially when the solution to getting them off the watch list is brushing more often. What about flossing more, anti-bacterial mouth wash, super-sonic tooth brushes? Is that phase two of the treatment plan or have the suspecious teeth - gasp! - gone past that point?

ps: will this mean longer waith times when clearing airport security?

 
At 3/13/2008 3:01 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, when I was really little and we went to the kids dentist, yes, she had posters on the ceiling.

WMK, apparently, flossing won't help this problem as it's the surface of the teeth. And I do have the sonic toothbrush thingy although with all the travel I haven't been using it regularly.

 
At 3/13/2008 8:49 PM, Blogger Amie said...

When I was little our dentist used to have headphones. I remember listening to carebears or something.

I agree, it would be nice to have something to look at or read. They should project movies on the ceiling or something.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home