princess genevieve

vendredi, mai 16, 2008

Will wonders never cease?!

If you don't live in Washington, you may not understand why this is so exciting and/or interesting to me! I got on a green line metro train last night. And this is what I saw:


Tile floor! No icky carpet with old gum ground in to it!
And handles! To hold on to! I still think they are too high up for 5'2" me to reach, but for those of you of a normal height, this is probably cool. Of course, it didn't stop people from congregating near the door, but what can you do.

It's almost like New York! What's next? Bench style seating? Station stops in places I actually need to go, like my neighborhood?

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 5/16/2008 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

How exciting! I never thought this would happen. I figured the metro was destined to be orange forever.
--Erin

 
At 5/16/2008 2:23 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, yes... a lot of the seats are now red or blue. With a couple orange ones thrown in the back of each car for nostalgic reasons...

it is very exciting!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home