princess genevieve

lundi, juin 09, 2008

Please Help, Ugly Chair!

This is what I stare at all day long. This chair, in my office for guests to use, and the pattern reminds me of one of Zach Morris's sweaters! (Zach Morris of Saved by the Bell fame, in case you're not sure.) Someone else I know had the same patterned chair, and she just replaced it with a new chair from Ikea. I guess this is possible, as I am planning to go to the Ikea mall next weekend, but I think I'd rather not buy furniture if I don't have to. Anyone have any clever ideas with how to change up the Zach Morris guest chair before I go insane?

Also, I've been knitting! Click here to see what I've been up to.

Libellés : ,

11 Comments:

At 6/09/2008 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I have to say, I really LIKE your chair. To me, it's Kandinsky-esque. If you could only see the pleather, faux-colonial barrister tackiness that I am forced to stare at, you would cherish your cheerful little chaise.

Reb

 
At 6/09/2008 2:02 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ah yes, the barrister look. Yeah, I guess I should be glad we don't have that at least!

 
At 6/09/2008 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It looks like Bill Cosby left his sweater in your office! Maybe you could knit a matching one for yourself, and then it wouldn't be so glaring. :)
--Erin

 
At 6/09/2008 2:35 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Erin, nice idea, but then I'd have to WEAR the thing. :-)

 
At 6/09/2008 4:30 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

Could you buy some fabric and make an impromptu slipcover, pinning & tucking around the back and underneath?

 
At 6/09/2008 4:34 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Rachael, that's a good idea. I had thought of trying to sew one but pinning and tucking seems easier!

 
At 6/10/2008 9:33 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Sew?!
Pin and tuck?!

Two words:
Stapel.
Gun.
I'll even loan you mine : )

 
At 6/10/2008 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

me fabric and a staple gun is a quick and relatively easy fix. In the meantime perhaps it would go over better if you taped Zack's head on the top of the chair, at least if you get the sweater why not the cute face to go with it? (and he SO did wear that sweater!)

 
At 6/10/2008 10:01 PM, Blogger Amie said...

hehe...Zach Morris or Cliff Huxtable.

 
At 6/11/2008 3:44 PM, Blogger trash said...

Oo! I think WMK nd I might be twins!! I was thinking staple gun too.

 
At 6/11/2008 4:02 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

you guys rock. I knew you'd have good suggestions!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home