princess genevieve

mardi, juin 02, 2009

La Princesse à Londres

I had a great time visiting England! And as you can see, they welcomed me by putting my name in neon!
We packed a lot in to a three-day trip. We met my college sorority sister Jess, who is living in London with her husband and baby, for lunch at Canteen. We went on a picnic with Bryony & Greg's friends Helen & Richard. We went to the Hertfordshire County Show. And Bryony and I went to the Victoria & Albert and to see Billy Elliot, which we both loved.
But the most exciting thing? On the train on Saturday, on the way back to St Albans from London, we sat with a crazy guy! With teeth so black they were about to fall out of his head! He started off standing behind us, but then he asked Bryony to give up her seat for him. Which she did, because, well, he was crazy. Here is a sample conversation between us and Crazy Guy with Bad Teeth.
me, talking to Greg: blah blah blah
CGwBT: Are you American?
me: yes
CGwBT: From New York?
me: no, Washington
CGwBT: Oh, Obama. He's not going to last.
me, mistakenly thinking he didn't understand our political system: um, he gets four years. Our system's not like yours.
CGwBT: They killed Bobby and Jack Kennedy! They'll kill him too!
me:
CGwBT: have you been to the Bronx?
me: no.
CGwBT: Do they have murders in the Bronx?
me: um, I guess.
CGwBT: and prostitutes?
me: um, they have a zoo! It's famous!
CGwBT: What is the Bronx?
me: one of the five boroughs of New York City.
CGwBT: What is the Bronx?
Greg: She just told you, one of the five boroughs of New York City.
CGwBT: But what is the Bronx? I am the Bronx.
and on and on and on. We talked about Kissinger, and the Vietnam War, and how I don't know my own history. When we arrived at St Albans, we let him get off first and made sure he went the opposite direction!
More pictures here.

Libellés : ,

6 Comments:

At 6/02/2009 6:51 PM, Blogger trash said...

Oh how nice! You met my uncle.







;-)

 
At 6/02/2009 8:24 PM, Anonymous Michelle said...

I love your name in neon!! That's so cool!!! :P

 
At 6/02/2009 11:05 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

what - no photo of CGwBT? ;-)

 
At 6/03/2009 9:58 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

T, omg. Had I known I would have invited him to tea.

M, thanks!

P, I should have snuck a photo. But he was scary.

 
At 6/03/2009 10:28 AM, Blogger DDanielle said...

Ha ha ha.....It's so hard not to get sucked into those situations sometimes.

 
At 6/04/2009 5:46 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

You meet the most interesting people in your travels.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home