princess genevieve

lundi, avril 20, 2009

Monkey Wine



Last Thursday, my friend Nicole and I went to Grapes with the Apes, a wine tasting event at the National Zoo. It was quite fun, although I was disappointed that there weren't more local vineyards there. Virginia has a lot of vineyards, and despite what my parents think, they're not all bad.



Anyway, we were waiting in line for some tastings when all of a sudden I felt something very wet and cold on my back! The girl behind me had dumped her glass of wine all over me. Luckily, it was white wine, not red, and I wasn't yet wearing the adorable coat I'm wearing in the above photo. I would have been really mad if that had gotten wine on it. Anyway, the girl sort of halfheartedly apologized, and did not offer to pay for my cleaning. Of course I would have said no, because I was just wearing cotton (see: had not yet put on adorable coat) but she still should have offered.
Oh well. I've managed to dry out.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 4/20/2009 3:56 PM, Blogger trash said...

Phew! Was concerned for a little minute or two that you were drinking wine made from monkeys!!!!!!!!

 
At 4/20/2009 3:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

wine with the monkeys. :-)

 
At 4/21/2009 2:39 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Sounds like a fun event! I used to go to an event like that at the Denver Zoo but it was more food-oriented.

 
At 4/21/2009 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

That looks like so much fun! It's hard to go wrong with monkeys and wine.
--Erin

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home