princess genevieve

mercredi, octobre 20, 2004

Manchurian Candidate

Last night Erika & I went to check out the new movie theatre in Chinatown. It doesn't officially open until Friday, but all this week they have $1 movies, $1 popcorn, and $1 sodas. Pretty much the only movie that both of us hadn't seen was the Manchurian Candidate, so we went with that. It was horrible. I'm glad it only cost $1. There were some really disgusting scenes and I had to close my eyes (and ears!) more than once. Plus, I just thought the story was boring.

The theatre, though, was really nice. It's a new building, right next to the MCI Center. The only part I didn't like was that to get to the movie screens, you have to take 2 escalators up to the third floor, and the second escalator made me nervous. It was too high up and too open. I might try to find an elevator next time.

I still think it's funny that Urban Outfitters in Chinatown has a sign in Chinese.