princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 15, 2004

West Coast Travels

I was in Los Angeles for a long weekend, starting last Wednesday night. It was super fun. I'd never been to L.A. before, and I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Robin flew out from Boston & met me there, and we stayed with Sarah & Cap. Sarah got sick on Saturday and couldn't go to Disneyland, and Cap didn't want to go without her, so Robin and I went alone. It wasn't very crowded at Disneyland, which was great. The longest we had to wait in a line was about 25 minutes (for Peter Pan's Flight.) We did Pirates of the Caribbean twice. Disneyland was all decorated for Christmas, and in It's a Small World they sang Jingle Bells in addition to It's a Small World. Which, no worries, was equally as annoying. We managed to stay for the fireworks show, but then it broke! And then they dumped this disgusting fake snow on Main Street. (a "snowflake" got in my eye.)

We also saw Hollywood Blvd, drove on Mulholland Drive, rode bikes to the Santa Monica pier, ate Mexican food, went bowling, drove through Beverly Hills, went to the Getty Center, went to Olivera Street, and did a drive by of the La Brea tar pits. The Mexican food made me miss San Antonio. Especially the breakfast tacos. I love breakfast tacos. Making them at home just isn't the same.

2 Comments:

At 11/15/2004 12:57 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

That sounds like so much fun! Gary is taking me to Disneyland for my 30th birthday. I figured that would be an appropriate place to go. I haven't been since 1984 so I can't wait!

 
At 11/15/2004 1:24 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Disneyland was super fun. You will have a great time. I heard California Adventure is also fun (you can get a pass for both) but since we only had one day we decided to stick with the Magic Kingdom.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home