princess genevieve

vendredi, novembre 05, 2004

Transportation Woes

Yesterday was a horrible day for transportation. On Wednesday, there was a metro accident. One train backed into another while the second train was parked at a station. They're still trying to figure out how it happened. Luckily (amazingly) no one was seriously hurt. But, the train wreckage is still on the tracks at Woodley Park. So from Farragut North to Van Ness, they are single tracking it. (for those not in the red line know, that's 5 stops, so not insignificant.) It means there are delays in both directions on the red line.

In addition, yesterday it rained the whole day. So when I went to get on the bus yesterday morning, it was pouring, and super crowded, since whenever it rains the bus is more crowded, and all the people who might have walked to the metro were going to take the bus because of the accident. It took me an hour and a half to get to work! It should only take 30 minutes. I had decided to take a cab at one point, but of course, as soon as I decided that, no more cabs came by. Traffic coming home was bad too. Erika beat me to my house and had to sit on the floor in the hallway waiting for me to get there.

It's not raining today, and the bus was fine this morning. Here's hoping I have an easier time getting home tonight.

2 Comments:

At 11/05/2004 5:00 PM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

HI! Thanks for visiting my blog! I have you blogmarked in BE, and I see you've done the same for me. Thank U!

By the way, what is it that you guys know in DC that the rest of us don't. The 90% Kerry popular vote blew my mind!! Let us in on your secret!! lol Has Georgie been picking up hookers down there or what? ;-)

webmiztris.diaryland.com

 
At 11/05/2004 5:04 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thank you, too!

90%, yeah, we are super dems here. I think it has to do with 1. large minority population 2. a lot of conservative people chose to live in Virginia instead of the District and 3. we don't have representation in Congress. The Republicans want to keep it that way, while we at least have hope that the Democrats might help us out. So maybe if you give up your rights as a citizen of the US you can get more democratic votes? haha, not really recommended.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home