princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 08, 2004

State of the Blog Address

Last week, I got an email from Alex, telling me I should blog more, and that she misses reading about me daily. I really appreciated Alex's note, especially since I think her blog is fantastic, and it's always nice to hear when someone likes mine, too. I just wanted to talk about why my blogging has been a bit sluggish as of late.

I like to write about things I find funny, amusing, and/or entertaining. Lately, I haven't been in an amusing mood. I've been sad about a bunch of things going on in my life, some of which I specifically don't want to talk about here because they involve people other than myself, and I don't think it's fair to put someone else's life on the web if they don't want it there, even if it does relate to me.

I think, also because of my mood, things I might have found funny or been able to put a spin on have just seemed irritating to me. So even when I do write about things, I end up not being happy with the result.

In other news, last night I stopped at CVS to buy milk. When I was at the checkout, they had some leftover Halloween pumpkins. Since I love any chocolate that has a marshmallow filling, I bought one. It was 5 cents. 5 cents!! Why did they even charge me for it? Not that I'm complaining, any time I can get something I want for a nickel, I'm happy.

5 Comments:

At 11/08/2004 12:00 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Sorry to hear you've been blue. I feel the same way. We should talk offline.

In other news, I saw the movie "Sideways" last night. It was really good. But it kind of depressed me.

 
At 11/08/2004 12:41 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I'll email you, Amy.

I saw Sideways too. I liked it also, thought parts of it were quite funny, but I also agree, it was depressing, too.

 
At 11/08/2004 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

A poem for you
I'm sorry that you've been blue
I'm sorry and Alex too
I think I have a clue
As to what's been bothering you
Though I'm not sure what to do
Except to try and make you laugh by saying 'moo'

From Jayne, the most horrible poet in the world.

 
At 11/08/2004 7:41 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that. was. awesome.

 
At 11/12/2004 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I'm glad to see you're back - but I definitely know how you feel. Sometimes I don't want to write if I'm not amusing. I'm afraid people will think I'm complaining, or that kind of girl - the one everyone walks away from. What I think you should realize, is that we all go through these things! I'm just glad to see you back and writing! And thanks for the compliments!

Alex.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home