princess genevieve

vendredi, février 11, 2005

the last day

On our last real day of the trip, we were still in Dublin. We decided to do a walking tour that would take us past a bunch of churches and then end at the Guinness brewery. Of course, we failed to realize it was Sunday, and it was morning, and so the churches would not be available for inside viewing. So we made our way to Guinness.

The Guinness tour was pretty cool. It was huge! I think the largest brewery tour I've ever been on. We learned about how Guinness is made and the history of it. Then we ended with a Guinness at the Sky Bar, which is a bar on the top floor where you've got great views of Dublin. And the bartender drew a shamrock in my beer when he poured it. So cute!

The tour and the subsequent drinking took about 3 hours. (Guinness is not easy to drink fast.) After, since it was about 3:00, I was starving, so we proceeded to look for some place to eat. Mandy decided she wanted to take a train out to some suburban town she had heard of, so she took off. Rob and I decided to see if we could get into any of the churches, but they all had evensong services, so that was out.

We then headed back to the hotel, and stopped at the grocery on the way back. I had wanted to get a few things I can't get at home. Unfortunately, it was a very strange grocery. No brand names, all generic, and it was more like a warehouse than a grocery. I ended up finding some of the stuff I wanted in a convenience store, but not all. C'est la vie.

Robin and I then sat down to watch tv in our room, fully intending to go out in a couple hours, but then we relaxed, and didn't feel like putting our shoes back on, and they kept showing commercials for Domino's Pizza, so I went down to the front desk and asked them if we could order pizza, and we stayed in, watching tv and eating pepperonis that tasted like hot dogs.

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Moi said...

I hope you had a great trip.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home