princess genevieve

vendredi, février 03, 2006

I'm all sworn in, thank you

Some of you may not know that I am a lawyer. There, I've said it, true confessions time. I don't really like my job, so I don't talk about it much.

Today I had to go be sworn in to the District of Columbia Bar. I'm already a member of Maryland and Louisiana, so I didn't have to take another exam for DC. Just apply and waive in, since I had scored high enough on the multi-state portion of the Maryland bar to be able to do this.

The ceremony was short, 15 minutes, although not as short as my Louisiana ceremony, which was only five minutes. I repeated a little paragraph, signed a card, and that was that. I still have to go back and take an all-day ethics course.

My dad attended the ceremony with me, and then afterwards, he took me to lunch. Then my co-worker took me for ice cream to celebrate. And I am happy that this is finally taken care of.

8 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Congrats! And no better way to celebrate than ice cream, yum!

 
At 2/03/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Molly!

 
At 2/04/2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Sounds like an important thing to check off your "to do" list!

 
At 2/04/2006 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Yea! I'm glad that's done and over with, especially with all of the rigamarole you went through with the paperwork. Congrats!

 
At 2/06/2006 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Congratulations!!

 
At 2/06/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks, Amie, Jayne, & Nabb!

 
At 2/06/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

congrats!

 
At 2/07/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

thanks, Jasclo!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home