princess genevieve

vendredi, janvier 20, 2006

Stop, Thief!

This morning, I got to the bus stop as usual, and stood under the shelter. I'd been there about 3 minutes when this woman came running back in to the shelter, saying she had left her newspaper on the bench. It wasn't there anymore. She asked everyone in the shelter if they had seen her paper. No one had.

She then sat down on the bus, and started going off on the alleged paper thief. Saying she didn't know who would steal something worth only 35 cents. And she couldn't believe how dishonest people are these days! She was only gone a few minutes.

Now, honestly? I don't think anyone stole her paper. I think she left it there, and the next person who came along thought someone had left it there because they were finished with it, so they took it. I don't think that's stealing. Papers get left on the bus and the train all the time, and no one would accuse you of stealing if you read one.

6 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

That's crazy. It only cost 35 cents. Why not get another one if it's so important? I know at Starbucks people leave papers, etc behind all the time. Usually, I'll pick a discarded one up, read it, and leave it for the next person. Big deal.People are nuts.

 
At 1/20/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

That is exactly what I was thinking!! Crazy.

 
At 1/20/2006 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I always stalk leftover papers in the airport and in Starbucks too. It's much more environmentally friendly. I always leave them for the next person too, like malady...that woman needs a reality check!

 
At 1/20/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Amie said...

cookoo

 
At 1/23/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

35 cents for a paper? That's really cheap! Our daily tabloid costs $1 and you're up for $1.20 if you want a the quality broadsheets.

 
At 1/24/2006 10:01 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, wow, that's a lot! Our paper was 25 cents for years and years and years. It's even cheaper if you have it delivered. And there are free mini-papers, too. I don't think we have a daily tabloid paper, though.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home