princess genevieve

mercredi, janvier 18, 2006

I Stalked the Mailman. Twice.

So, yesterday, I got home, and there were two package slips in my mailbox. The mail carrier's truck was still double parked in the street, so I sort of hung around, waiting for him to come out of the next building. He did, and I asked him if I could grab my packages. (in case you're wondering, one was a Christmas present from Sophie & Sebastien in France, and the other was some yarn I had bought off ebay.)

Got my packages. Walked back into my building, and realized I no longer had my keys! I started looking everywhere. In my bookbag. In the CVS bag I was carrying. On the ground. No luck. So I came back out to the street and waited for the mailman again. Asked him if I had accidentally given him my keys. He looked in his bag. In the back of the truck. No luck.

I was beginning to think I was going to have to call my dad. He has a key to my apartment. I went back inside my building and sat on the steps in the lobby, prepared to dump my entire bookbag's contents out, when I heard, "hey! I have your keys!" and it was my neighbor. He said I had left them in the mailbox, and he grabbed them for me. He had tried to knock on my door, but I didn't answer. Not really surprising, though, since I couldn't get in to my apartment!

but yay for the angel neighbor!

(baby blanket)

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Packages are the best! Glad that you didn't have to wait an extra day to retrieve them.

 
At 1/19/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I know, that is the best part really.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home