princess genevieve

mardi, janvier 24, 2006

Love Cafe

Last night, I went to Love Cafe. It's a super cute cafe not too far from my house that I want to love, but I really don't. It's owned by the guy who runs Cakelove, Warren Brown. He's kind of a Washington celebrity -- a lawyer who quit his job to open a bakery! -- who now also has a show on the Food Network.

I love cupcakes. I really do. I think I like them more than cake. They're cute and round and just delightful. But the cupcake I had last night from Love Cafe? It was a little dense and heavy and the frosting tasted too much like butter. It was even my favorite kind of cupcake, chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. But oh. I was disappointed.

And? I paid nearly $8 for a hot chocolate and a cupcake. That seems like a lot to me.

I'll go back to Love Cafe, I'm sure. I really like the cafe itself. I just might not order a cupcake. Maybe I should try their salads? For cupcakes, give me Firehook anyday.

6 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 4:34 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I prefer cake from bakeries and cupcakes from Hostess. I love the cheap filling. now I am hungering for something for my sweet tooth! My favorite bakery is "Mad Hatter" in Durham...I am partial to the Black Forest Cake. 8stomach growls hungrily*

 
At 1/24/2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Oh, I love those Hostess cupcakes too! I like the way the icing is like a sheet.

 
At 1/24/2006 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I love cupcakes...much more so than regular cake. I am disappointed for you because I assumed that the cupcakes from there would be good. Actually, we ate their cupcakes at that thing we went to at Saks and they were really good. Maybe it was just an off batch? Here's hoping...

 
At 1/24/2006 9:38 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

nah, I don't think it was an off batch. I've had them before (I don't remember the ones at Saks, though) and they always taste like this. boo, because I really want to love them!

 
At 1/25/2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Dang! For that much the cupcake should of been amazing!

 
At 1/26/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I totally agree! You can make like 2 dozen cupcakes for less than $4. I shouldn't have to pay $4 for one that isn't FABULOUS.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home