princess genevieve

lundi, février 06, 2006

An Inauspicious Start

Well, it's only Monday, but so far, this week hasn't been great. I overslept, and didn't get up until 8:15. I left the house at 9. I walked to the bus stop, only to realize that I didn't have my office key, and I had to turn around and go back home and get it. I was wearing new shoes, and they rubbed on my feet strangely, so now I'm wearing a pair of pink Mary Jane sneakers I had under my desk at work. They don't match my outfit, so if I have to go talk to anyone today, I'll have to change back into the painful shoes. Because I was so late (it was 9:15 by the time I got back to the bus stop) I just got on the first bus that showed up, which happened to be not my bus, so I had to get off and take the metro. And I think my skirt is fitting rather oddly.

The week can only get better, right?

(of course I realize these things aren't serious matters. But sometimes it's the little things that add up and make you feel not so great, I think.)

6 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Sorry to hear that your week is off to a rought start. There is nothing worse than oversleeping on a Monday, it always seems to point the day in a bad direction.

 
At 2/06/2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

i hear you. i'm the same way! hope your day gets better. you should have your favorite dinner tonight. and a DRINK!

also, did you know ben lee is playing in baltimore again on march 15? nabbalicious just told me today. that's so sweet... he's coming to the area for my birthday!

 
At 2/06/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Oh my gosh, no, I didn't know Ben lee is coming to Baltimore! awesome!

 
At 2/07/2006 4:19 AM, Blogger Reuss said...

Oh, oh I am so with you on the little things that add up. Just a collection of three or four minor glitches to my day, and everything else is tainted with immense frustration and irritability, which of course just makes everything else get worse.

And the only shoes I have that don't rub after more than one day of wearing make my feet ache after more than one day of wearing because of the heels!

 
At 2/07/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh shoes. sigh. Molly had a great idea of inventing stylish shoes that actually fit.

 
At 2/08/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Ugh, hope the next day was better!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home