princess genevieve

lundi, mai 22, 2006

Adventures on the Bus, #2134356

This morning, a dad and his little daughter got on the bus. There was a mom and her two kids sitting right across from them, and the three kids spent a good 5 minutes simply waiving to each other. Then, the mom and kids got off the bus, and her little boy said, "Well, I guess I'll get off here! It was nice to see you! See you around" to the little girl. So cute.

New York was fun. The Daily Show was quite an experience. We stood around a lot (like, 3 hours) and then saw a 22 minute show being taped. They wanted you to laugh really loudly. I told my cousin it was a good thing we didn't have to audition to be audience members, and she agreed, neither one of us would have been chosen. We saw Willie Nelson.

I also spent three hours at the hair salon with my friend Fatimah. She was getting her hair relaxed and apparently that takes forEVER! She did buy me an empenada from a guy who walked into the salon selling them, and then later, the barber started pouring vodka cranberry drinks, so that was a plus. When we left, her hairdresser asked me if that was my first time in a Spanish salon. I told her yes, and she said, "It must seem like a circus in here to you!" It so did. I was really confused about who was doing what when and I don't know how anyone got what they wanted! (but they all seemed happy when they left, so...)

And oh, I got in to graduate school. I had a packet waiting for me when I got home from LSU. I'm not really sure exactly how I'll be handling this yet, but more on that as it develops.

6 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I saw the Willie Nelson one! I remember saying to Gary, "I wonder if Genevieve is at this one!"

 
At 5/22/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

awesome! yes, I was there. Did you notice how great the laughing was that night? That wasn't really me. I'm not really a loud person.

 
At 5/22/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Congrats on graduate school news. Sounds like New York was fun. I've never been to the taping of a TV show.

 
At 5/23/2006 4:49 AM, Blogger Reuss said...

Vodka cranberries at a hairdressers? That sounds fabulous.

Congrats on the grad school thing :)

 
At 5/23/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Congrats on graduate school! Exciting!

That salon sounds very interesting, but fun.

 
At 5/23/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Thanks, everyone!

Paisley, the taping was fun once. I don't know if I'd make a point to go back.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home