princess genevieve

jeudi, mai 25, 2006

My One True Love

This is the true story of a girl in love. With her shoes. Pictured above are my Converse. I love my Converse.
First, we have the Originals. I got these in high school. I don't wear them very much any more, since I'm sort of scared hurting them, but I keep them around for nostalgic purposes. There's a hole in the toe of the right shoe (as you can see) and a hole in the bottom of the left shoe (which you can't see.)
These are the sky blue All Stars. I do most of my shopping online, and I actually ordered royal blue. These shoes showed up instead. I thought about returning them, but decided to keep them, with the intent of re-ordering the royal blue ones. (which I still haven't done) I wore these all over Ireland. They rubbed the skin off the bottom of my toes and I had to go to the pharmacy in Dublin, where the pharmacist didn't understand how I'd done what I did, but he did sell me some cushy inserts. I still love them.
Here we have the weird All Stars. I bought these on impulse. My friend Erika and I were killing time in Urban Outfitters. They are actually a half a size too big - I wear a 4 1/2, and these are 5s. I don't wear these often. I'm considering dyeing them, because while I love the laces, I don't love the white shoe with the pink tongue. Any ideas?
These. Oh. These are the Jack Purcells. I LOVE these shoes. I wear them almost all the time that I'm not at work. I get a lot of compliments on these shoes. I also get a lot of people calling them All Stars. They're not. They're Converse still, but they are not Chuck Taylors. My heels squeak in these shoes, since my feet are narrow and they rub on the backs of the shoes, and it drives my sister crazy. So when she's around, I do it louder on purpose.
Meet the newest member of the family. These just arrived chez moi last night. I used my birthday money from my grandmother for these. (She'll be so proud, I'm sure.) They don't have laces. These are also a size 5, since apparently they don't make this style in half sizes. I wore them out last night. I'm already developing an attachment to these, although they do need to be broken in. They also make my feet squeak, though.

Last weekend, my cousin asked me if I had a technique for breaking in Converse, as she had gotten an all-black (the rubber is black, too, not just the canvas) pair, and they really need to be dirtied up a bit. My technique is really just to wear them. Her technique was to put them in a mud puddle and then run over them with the car a couple times. But now that she's living in New York, she doesn't have a car anymore.

4 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I've never owned a pair of Converse. I remember wanting a pair once but I have big feet and couldn't find my size (when I was in middle and high school finding shoes was always a chore...there is actually a selection of shoes in my size now, hooray I can be a shoeaholic!)

 
At 5/25/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, I highly recommend them! They are great shoes and last a long time (as the Originals attest to) they have lots of colors & styles now.

 
At 5/25/2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I had a pair of bright (turquise) blue converse high tops in 4th grade.

 
At 5/26/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, how stylish! I never have had the high tops.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home